Sunday 22 May 2011

Yoga update

Well, life is full of surprises, isn't it?
Little did I know when I wrote that last post that I would end up teaching the class! But that is what happened!
The teacher was late and after 10 minutes a receptionist came in and said that he wasn't coming at all. People were of course disappointed and one woman with an orange yoga mat called out:
- Is there somebody good enough to teach the class?
Quiet.
- Well, isn't there someone?
- I can do it, I said and raised my hand.
I have no idea why I did it, but it felt like on tv, when they ask if there is a doctor in the room. They asked for a yoga teacher and I just had to confess to being one.
So I taught the class and it was great! I hadn't planned anything of course so I just did what I felt like.
They seemed to like it and thanked me very much and called me the hero of the day. On my way out the woman with the orange mat stopped me and told me to go up the reception because she had said to them that she thought that they should pay me. How sweet of her!
I don't know if I'll get paid or not and I don't care. It was just nice that I could help.